If you scour the Internet for private security stories, a recent one out of Utah should have caught your eye. It may have also made you cringe a bit...at least, I hope it did.
Here's the gist:
- A male subject walks into a Driver License Office.
- During his transaction with one of the clerks, an argument ensues.
- The subject is asked to leave and initially complies until he comes back into the facility to continue the argument.
- An armed private security officer confronts the subject and a hands-on struggle breaks out.
- At some point during the fight, the guard's weapon discharges while both subjects are struggling on the ground.
- Thankfully, the bullet did not hit anyone and the aggressor ceased his violent behavior after the accidental discharge (AD).